myPrettyBox

Hempcrete Update: Greater Availability of Legal Hemp in US

Hempcrete Update: Greater Availability of Legal Hemp in US"Good news for those interested in building with hempcrete in the US. Recent laws are making it much easier to obtain legal hemp for making hempcrete."

Slightly Disgruntled wrote:
Yes, we must hemp everything. Hemp car bumpers, hemp clothing, hemp handbags, hemp flavored hamburgers, …
When will someone invent Jesus-crete for me to use as my foundation?
How about mushrooms or coca plants?
I would think many houses could be built and sheathed with all the anti-Trump signage from all these publicized events.

Owen Geiger
replied:
I saw pictures of the trash left behind by some protestors. Wow. Really bad.
The most amazing foundation has already been ‘invented’ — gravel bags. Search our blog for details.

Slightly Disgruntled
wrote:
I build floating structures because I have Jesus as my foundation.
I live in an 8×10 micro-lodge that has 56sqft + a loft. It is easily twice the footage of the camper van, converted to microRV, I was in for 2 years and it is three times the space I “need”.
I left the van for a hillside in the woods overlooking a lake surrounded by farm land.
The corners are 4×4 posts sitting on blocks on the slope each at different lengths to make the structure level.
If my van were a 4×4 I’d have simply driven it back here but it cut and sank right into the soil like digging ruts was a contest.
Solar is an issue under the tree cover as 1kW of panels only produces about 12Watts in the shade.

But who needs hemp?


When building a structure to sit and sleep in why would one go out of their way to ensure their entire existence revolves around getting high or the benefits of one plant as opposed to building the structure?
That’s about as silly to me as the LGBTQ “protesting” to allow, primarily, Muslims in from hostile anti-American gay hating and killing cultures and religions.
It doesn’t matter how small I build or how tucked away I am, I just can’t escape the stupidity unless I drop human contact all together.

More Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!